Core Competencies for the Health Systems and Policy PhD
- Apply knowledge of the structures, performance, quality, policy, and technological
and environmental contexts of health systems to formulate solutions for health policy
- Identify and discuss major public health problems and controversies.
- Demonstrate breadth of theoretical and conceptual knowledge of health systems and
policy by applying alternative models from a range of disciplines.
- Apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge and skills relevant to health systems, information
and policy research.
- Know and appreciate the history, philosophy, and professional and ethical standards
of public health.
- Ensure the ethical and responsible conduct of research in the design, implementation,
and dissemination of health systems, information and policy research.