David Burchfield, PhD
Associate Professor, Division of Health Systems, Management, and Policy
130 Robison Hall
By appointment only
- PhD, Cornell University
- MA, Memphis State University
- BBA, Memphis State University
- Employer-sponsored health insurance
- Educational paths of future healthcare finance leaders
- "Consumer Directed Health Plans: Pot of Gold or Red Ink?" In Revenue Cycle Strategist, June 2006.
- "No Place Like Home: Telemonitoring Can Improve Home Care" with Nancy Averwater. In Healthcare Financial Management, April, 2005.
- "Consumer-Directed Health Care: Three Options, One Reality" with Roger Battistella. In Employee Benefit Plan Review, 57 (12), 2003.
- "Prospects for Rolling Back Third-party Intrusions in the Practice of Medicine" with Roger Battistella. In The Physician Executive, 26 (6), 2000.
- "The future of employment-based health insurance" with Roger Battistella. In Journal of Healthcare Management, 45 (1), 2000.