George Relyea, M.S.
Assistant Research Professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Robison Hall 226
- M.A. Economics, Memphis State University
- M.S. Applied Mathematics, Memphis State University
- Statistical methods and computing in public health and biostatistics
- Assessment of substance abuse treatment
- Activity and cognitive performance in children
- Buscemi, J, Beech, B, and Relyea, G. (2011). Predictors of Obesity in Latin Children: Acculturation as a Moderator of
the Relationship Between Food Insecurity and Body Mass Index Percentile. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health: Volume 13, Issue 1, Page 149.
- Robert C. Klesges, Eva Obarzanek, Shiriki Kumanyika, David Murray, Lisa M. Klesges,
George E. Relyea, Michelle B. Stockton, Jennifer Q. Lancot, Bettina M. Beech, Barbara McClanahan,
Deborah Shirrill-Mittleman, Deborah L. Slawson (Nov. 2010) The Memphis Girl’s Health
Enrichment Multi-site Studies (GEMS): An Evaluation of the Efficacy of a 2-Year Obesity
Prevention Program in African American Girls. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med, Vol 164, No. 1.
- Relyea, G. E. (Oct. 2010). “Hypothesis Testing and Experimental Research Designs Common in the
Medical Field,” invited presentation to faculty/students at Southern College of Optometry,
- McClanahan BS, Stockton MB, Lanctot JQ, Relyea GE, Klesges RC, Slawson DL, Schilling LP. Measurement of body composition in 8-10-year-old
African-American girls: a comparison of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry and foot-to-foot
bioimpedance methods. Int J Pediatr Obes. 2009;4(4):389-96. PubMed PMID: 19922056.
- Tabachnick, S, Miller, R, and Relyea, G (Aug. 2008). The Relationship among Students’
Future-Oriented Goals & Subgoals Perceived Tasks Instrumentality and Task-Oriented
Self-Regulation Strategies in an Academic Environment. Journal of Educational Psychology. Vol. 100, No. 3, pp 629-654.
- Kedia, S, and Relyea, G (Feb. 2008). Gender Effects on Client–Spousal Collateral Agreement Levels Addiction
Research & Theory. 16(1): 23-36.
- Kedia, S, Sell, M. A., and Relyea, G. (Nov. 2007). Mono- Versus Polydrug Abuse Patterns Among Publicly Funded Client. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy, 2: 33.
PUBH 7104 Large Data Sets and Public Health Research (syllabus)
PUBH 7155 Introduction to SPSS (syllabus)
PUBH 7156 Introduction to SAS (syllabus)
PUBH 7150 Biostatistical Methods I (Traditional and online) (syllabus)
PUBH 7152 Biostatistical Methods II (syllabus)
PUBH 7310 Mixed Models (syllabus)
PUBH 7311 Applied Categorical Data Analysis (syllabus)
PUBH 7400 Special Problems-Times series in Public Health Research