- What is TRIO?
TRIO is a set of federally-funded college opportunity programs that motivate and support
students from disadvantaged backgrounds in their pursuit of a college degree. The
TRIO Student Success Programs fall under the scope of Student Support Services.
- Do I have to pay for being in the TRIO Student Success Program?
No! The services are absolutely FREE!
- On the TRIO Application I am required to disclose my and/or my parent’s taxable income
for the previous year. Why?
SSP provides assistance to income eligible students. This confidential information is used only to determine SSP eligibility.
- How can the program help me?
Participants receive services which are geared toward timely graduation with very
minimal student loan debt. You will be guided via an individualized service plan inclusive
of counseling, academic monitoring, tutoring and other resource referrals.
- Am I eligible to participate if one or both of my parents has a bachelor’s degree?
Yes, if your family income falls within the income guidelines or if you have a documented
- What if my family income exceeds the minimum eligibility guidelines?
You could still qualify as first generation college student.
How to Apply
Calendar of Events