University of Memphis Photo
Student Success Programs - FAQs

  1. Do I have to pay for being in Student Success Program?

    No!! The services are absolutely FREE! The only cost is YOUR commitment to YOUR education.

  2. On the TRIO Application I am required to disclose my and/or my parents' Adjusted Gross Income for the previous year. Why?

    The SSP Program is a Federally funded program to help the economically disadvantaged students according to the federal guidelines. This is confidential information and is used only to determine SSP eligibility.

  3. How can the counselors help me?

    Counselors can help you in many ways. SSP Counselors are here to consult with you regarding your academic progress, inform you about academic policies that might affect you, advocate for you, and refer you to necessary services. If you have concerns about personal relationships, family problems, financial issues, and health problems, the SSP counselor can advise and assist you with strategies for resolving or coping with your concerns. All conversations are confidential. The counselor will make referrals to professional services and agencies within and outside of The University of Memphis.

  4. Does SSP have a place I can come to study or use the computer?

    Yes we do! SSP has a study room in 404 Mitchell Hall, conveniently across the hall from the SSP Office. The TRIO Computer Lab is located in Mitchell Hall Room 409 and is open to all TRIO students. All SSP Offices and Labs are open Monday thru Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM.


Student Success Programs
405 Mitchell Hall
Phone - (901) 678-2351
Fax - (901) 678-0382

Our goal is to provide SSP students with the support and skills needed to remain and be successful in college and complete a baccalaureate degree.

Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2013 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Last Updated: 10/11/12