- Counseling - Academic and career counseling, exploring interests, aptitudes and skills to make
informed decisions when selecting majors or career paths, identification of personal
issues that hinder student success and referrals to university partners who provide
individualized personal counseling and academic support.
- Grant Aid – Full time TRIO participants in their first four semesters of college are eligible
for stipends which aid in paying for costs such as tuition/fees, housing, and books.
First Scholars® participants are eligible to receive a $5000 stipend annually for
four years, for a total of $20,000 to aid in defraying college expenses.
- Computer Lab - Program participants have the privilege of access to a state-of-the-art lab reserved
for their use complete with internet and the latest software packages to aid in academic
- Financial Assistance - Assistance in securing the most advantageous financial aid resources for SSP participants,
our department works as a liaison with the university's Financial Aid Office and community
financial support agencies with a goal of minimizing student debt.
- Themed Workshops – Topics include stress relief, time management, critical thinking, tutoring, study
abroad opportunities, volunteerism, financial literacy, graduate school opportunities,
- Cultural Activities - SSP offers cultural activities and free social events throughout the year to enhance
participant’s collegiate experience and cultural awareness. View our current calendar
How to Apply
Calendar of Events