Staff Senate Meeting Minutes
February 20, 1997
Absent: Kenneth Clark, Hope Eubanks, Mike Rhodes
Excused: Susan Babb, Steve Canaday, Verlinda Franklin, Hazel Haywood, Russell Hunt,
Jim Lippy, Joanne Lippy, Pat Melton, Cornelius Stump
Minutes respectfully submitted by Harry Flowers
- The meeting was called to order and roll was called.
- The minutes for the January meeting were approved as written.
- Committee reports:
- Finance Committee:
- Budget is fine.
- Election Committee:
- Will be meeting soon for spring elections.
- Issues/Review Committee:
- Slow mail service complaints and employee grievance issues being worked.
- Ad-Hoc Bylaws Committee:
- Nothing to report.
- HR Sub-committee:
- Meeting next week; will have a report at the next senate meeting.
- Standing Committee Reports:
- Old Business:
- Mary Ann Camp was unable to return for this meeting to speak about the employee performance
appraisal. We hope to have her back soon.
- It appears that the Mercer study results won't be published until next fiscal year
(July), instead of the end of last month.
- The SPRING EXPO will begin at noon on Friday, April 18, closing at approximately 5:00PM.
On Saturday the 19th, events will be held from 11:00AM - 5:00PM. The basic centers of activity will be
the University Center, Alumni Mall, the Library Mall, and the Fogelman Executive Center.
Programs and funding are still being worked on.
- New Business: Job-related injuries were discussed. The health center doesn't provide
treatment for such injuries; instead you should call Human Resources, and they'll
take care of everything. The system seems to work well.
- President's Remarks: [Senate Vice-President Ginny Reed presided in Jim Lippy's absence.]
The Parking Authority Task Force has requested a staff volunteer for the task force
that currently parks in the Field House lot. Harry Flowers volunteered, being the
only senator present who parks there.
- The meeting was adjourned. The next meeting is scheduled for March 20, 1997.