Staff Senate Meeting Minutes
February 15, 2001
Present: Jack Acor, Cathy Awsumb, Jennifer Baker, Susie Barnett, Ruthie Bassford, Sharon Bumpus,
Gary Carman, Pam Cash, Kathy Cook, Marie Dockter, Senese Duhart, Laura Edwards, John
Farrell, Diana Humphrey, Virginia Huss, Ronald MacDonald, Amy Martin, Jann Mayes,
Larry Mayes, Beverly McMillan, John Melton, James Montague, Jane Orcholski, Ricky
Paine, Cathy Philpot, Patty Short, Marcia Taylor, Maurice Williams, Faye Wilson
Absent: Sally Andrews, Lorene Flowers, Mark Green, Mary Harris, Richard Jones, Edward Orio,
Vanessa Smith, Teresa Weaver
Excused: Regenia Ayers, Sherry Crone, Rick Forrester, Rosemary Frix, Becky McCoy, Chris Powless,
James Singleton, Michelle Stout
1. Meeting was called to order at 11:25 AM.--Meeting called to order after lunch. ARA as a gift provided lunch to the Staff Senate.
A reception for all past and present senators will be held later.
2. Roll called.
3. Guest Speaker--Chuck Wiggington, Director of Catering, gave the senate an update on the variety
of foods offered at the University Center and the hours of operations.
4. Committee Reports--Committee reports suspended for this meeting.
5. Up 'Til Dawn--
- Scott Bender, said that the Up 'Til Dawn event represents 500 different participants
and will feature different types of games for those attending. The goal is to raise
money for St Jude Hospital. Up 'Til Dawn will be held on March 3 and 4.
6. Old Business--
- President Williams commended the Senate for its effort/support during the recent presidential
search. Kathy Kolby said that Chancellor Manning of TBR really wants to know what
the Staff Senate has to say.
7. New Business--
- It was motioned and seconded that the Staff Senate send to Dr. Faudree a resolution
commending him on his professionalism as Interim President and to express the Senate's
support and appreciation.
8. President's Remarks--Maurice Williams
- President Williams reminded the Senate that Dr. Raines wants to know what the problems
are at the University, and will be meeting with groups to get input.
- There is uncertainty about the time line for the outsourcing FEC.
- There are five vacant senate seats.
- Public service elected Jayson Fernandez to replace Brenda Fuller.
9. Tabled Motion-0It was moved and seconded to table the Appointment of a Vice President until there
is a clear understanding of the Senate By-laws.
10. Meeting was adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Next scheduled meeting: March 15, 2001