Staff Senate

Staff Senate Meeting Minutes

February 2003

Present: Sharon Banker, Scott Beck, Paul Cade, Gary Carman, Diane Cooper, Shirley Cowley, Sherry Crone, Dianne Day, Senese Duhart, Laura Edwards, Frances Frazier, Brad Frewin, David Horan, Jean Honey, Pamela Horvath, James Hudson, Diana Humphrey, Carol Laney, Lonnie Latham, Nancy Matthews, Steve Mosley, Lynne Owens, Leslie Peach, Virginia Reed, Dee Roberson, James Rose, Hikmat Samaha, Linda Sandford, Arlene Savage, Hope Smith, Calvin Strong, Marcia Taylor, Tommy Towery, Mike Ward, Melody Weldon, and Faye Wilson

Absent: Marcy Sandford, Shelia Ogburn, Amy Martin, Debra Cummings, Linda Harris, Laruth Lofties, Pam Cash, and Julia Rhodes

1. Call to order at 9:30 a.m.

2. Sign-in sheet passed around

3. January minutes were approved as amended with a 0-no and 0-abstention vote.

4. Dr. Raines, Dr. Faudree and Mr. Lee spoke on the State’s budget situation.

5. Committee Reports:

Election: Senese Duhart     Will meet soon with Calvin Strong, Hope Smith, Leslie Peach, and Pam Cash to discuss the next election.

 

Finance: Hope Smith No expenditures in January and our ending balance is $8,185.74. 

Issues Review: Ginny Reed and David Met last Thursday to discuss the main the Central Avenue project.  A request has been made for an asbestos issue to be reviewed.

Membership:   Leslie Peach  No Report

Public Relations: Sherry Crone No Report

Web Site: Carol Laney No report. 

AD HOC COMMITTEE:

Legislative Advisory Committee: Diane Cooper   No Report

UNIVERSITY WIDE COMMITTEES:

Bookstore – Lonnie Latham –  No Report

Campus Safety and Security – Steve Mosley –  Will have a report for the March meeting.

Facilities and Services Committee – Gary Carman – Was updated on the Central Avenue

project.  The idea of two crossings was also discussed.  Modification of the Rail Road for ADA was also discussed.

Fee Refunds and Appeals – Pam Horvath – Eight people submitted appeals and all were

denied.  They were all concerning tuition refunds.

Food Services and Dining – Senese Duhart – No Report

IT Administrative Advisory Committee – Julie Rhodes – No Report

IT Planning and Policy Council – Tommy Towery – There is a committee to look at

changing our VAX system.

Presidents Council – Calvin Strong – Is on search committees for VP for Advancement and

VP for Information Systems.  Has also been invited to attend the Budget

Presentations

Public Records and Forms – Hikmat Samaha – Has not met yet.

Purchasing (Special Committee only activated when needed)

Space Planning – Dianne Day – Has not met yet

Special Parking (South Campus) – Dee Luna – No Report

Traffic and Parking – Diane Cooper –  Discussed charging $125 for broken gates, $100

plus towing for those parked behind the gates and $100 for tailgating

6.   Motion was made to adjourn the meeting. 

Next Meeting: April 17, 2003 at 9:30 a.m. in UC 404 

Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2013 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Last Updated: 2/24/14