Open Graduate Assistantships have descriptions and contact information below. Additional
position descriptions will be posted as they become available.
Student Leadership & Involvement
Graduate Advisor for SAC
- Assist with advising the Student Activities Council (SAC) this includes attendance
at events planned by the organization, weekly meetings (one-on-one with student chairs,
board meetings, etc.) and training, advising, evaluation, and guiding the experiential
learning of student chairs and committee members.
- Assist with SAC training and retreats by providing training and support to students
in the areas of leadership development, programming, budgeting, conﬂict resolution,
time management, recruitment and retention of committee members, communication skills,
and effective meeting facilitation.
- Ensure that direct advisees are developing and adhering to event budgets.
- Work with SAC Exec members to organize SAC Board selection process
- Provide guidance to SAC chairs and members when it comes to program selection utilizing
data from event evaluations and campus-wide surveys. Help students understand that
they are a part of the University of Memphis programming entity that is responsible
for providing programs to ALL students.
- Be a part of the "creative process" by contributing unique ideas for organization/event
promotion and training material.
- Assist with staff initiated programs such as Opening Week, the Student Involvement
Fair, Frosh Frenzy, and the President's Leadership Recognition Awards
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements: Bachelor's degree; Enrolled in a minimum 12 credit hours in a graduate program at
the University of Memphis (Student Personnel, Leadership, or Higher Education program
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Angie Norwood, Coordinator, Student Activities, firstname.lastname@example.org