- ARAMARK has a contract with the University of Memphis, which does not allow outside
food to be brought on campus except in special situations, which require approval.
Violation of this policy, especially if it has not been thoroughly discussed with
ARAMARK, could result in contract violation issues. Events with total food value under
$200 are allowed to bring food in from off campus.
- This policy does not apply to food brought in for individual or private office consumption,
including Residence Hall rooms.
- Food may not be ordered from ARAMARK and combined with the $200 exception or with
food brought in for individual or private office consumption.
- The only exceptions relative to location beyond Residence Hall rooms are for: vending,
Campus School, University Bookstore, Athletic concessions, and the facilities managed
under the Wilson Management food contract (FedEx Institute, Fogelman Executive Center,
- Some exceptions are occasionally approved for food being brought in. Exception approvals
must be secured (not submitted) 5 days prior to the event. As space is reserved, requests
for food exceptions will be forwarded to Dining Services. If Dining Services agrees
to the exception, the requestor will be provided the form available via the link on
the next web page by the University Center staff or the scheduler making the reservation.
- Approval for exception because of donated food should not be assumed.
- Approval is usually given for student groups to have one bake sale of some sort per
semester for fund-raising – approval must be approved in advance through the University
Center Scheduling Office.
- Requests to bring pizza on campus for large groups will be approved (because ARAMARK
has given blanket approval).
- If an exception is approved, no dining services space or staff should be utilized
- This policy applies on all university property – Alumni Center, University Mall, etc.
- Pricing of food is not a valid reason to request an exception approval. ARAMARK provides
many services for our campus and its prices cannot always be compared with other vendors.
- Hoping for an exception approval and requesting ARAMARK to provide food on short notice
is NOT a valid reason for exception approval.
- The Dining Services Manager or the Director Student Affairs Administration are the
appropriate parties to discuss pricing or exceptions with.
- The Food Services Exception Form can be filled out on-line and submitted to the University Center Scheduling Office
in room 255 of the University Center or faxed to 901.678.5206.
The Vice President for Student Affairs
Administration Building, Room 235.
Phone: (901) 678-2114.
Giving to Student Affairs