The Office of Student Conduct at the University of Memphis investigates allegations
of individual student and organizational misconduct in a manner consistent with the
University’s core values of fairness, honesty and integrity. In that endeavor, the
Office of Student Conduct recognizes the importance of balancing the interests of
the individual student/organization with those of the academic community while also
preserving the integrity of the University and its principles.
OFFICE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office of Student Conduct administers the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities
and other student policies, including academic dishonesty, classroom disruptive behavior,
peer-to-peer sexual harassment, sexual assault, and student organizations. Our responsibilities
include investigating complaints filed against students, referring students for academic
and personal counseling services, administrative adjudication of cases, and monitoring
student completion of sanctions. We provide student ethical programming addressing
issues of academic integrity, civility, and dispute resolution.
- Maintain an environment which is conducive to academic success
- Promote a safe and secure campus by protecting the rights of all members of the University
of Memphis community
- Encourage students to assume self and social responsibility
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development
- Enhance student decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Advance the development of student ethical values
NOTE: This web site contains PDF files which could be viewed using Adobe Reader. If your
computer doesn't have Adobe Reader or you are unable to open the PDF files, please
click the image below to download the latest FREE version.