Student Leadership and Professional Competencies
Student Leadership & Professional Competencies
A student engaged through Student Leadership and Involvement will be exposed to a variety of experiences that will enhance what they learn in the classroom. Student Leadership & Involvement and Career Services has identified the following learning clusters that our students should strive to develop in through their varied experiences.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Students will understand and demonstrate the importance of working with others effectively.
- Learning & Reasoning: Students will understand and demonstrate the importance of gathering data to make informed decisions.
- Professional & Strategic Planning: Students will be able to project their professional brand, demonstrate effective work habits, and set goals for leadership in college and in their intended career field.
- Communication & Digital Technology: Students will be able to communicate in a multitude of ways including through use of existing and new technologies
- Self-Awareness & Personal Behavior : Students will be able to identify their strengths, weaknesses, and ways to develop while being a person of integrity.
- Leadership & Civic Responsibility : Students will be able to guide a group to reach a common goal and understand their contributions to their community.
Tracking Competency Growth
Students can track their development across the Student Leadership & Professional Competencies through reflections in the Experience feature of Tiger Zone. Tracking competency growth allows students to reflect on how their involvement experiences support their co-curricular learning and contribute to their post-collegiate professional life.
Please contact Brian Deal at email@example.com or 901.678.8679 for more information.