Make the most of your college experience.
Never again will you likely have such a wide range of opportunities to choose from to get involved. Your college years can fill up quickly as you explore your interests and find the groups that mean the most to you.
Student Leadership & Involvement, located in the University Center Involvement Zone, Room 211, can point you towards countless ways to get involved outside of the classroom. The areas we cover include:
- Community Service Programs
- Fraternity/Sorority Life
- Leadership Programs
- Registered Student Organizations
- Student Activities
- And Community Connection events, such as Frosh Camp, Frosh Frenzy, and Up 'til Dawn
We promise that you won't regret getting involved. In fact, you'll wish you'd done it earlier.
What's in it for me, you ask?
- You'll meet new people and network with students, staff, faculty, and community members
- You'll refine skills that will help you in your future career, such as working with others, communication, time management, decision-making, and problem-solving
- You'll feel connected to your university experience and have fun
- You'll grow as an individual and future professional
Join a student organization, participate in leadership training, perform community service, attend on-campus programs...the list goes on and on. But the point is, get involved. You'll be glad you did.
How do I Get started?
Keep you eye out for the Student Involvement Fair held each fall semester on the first Monday of classes immediately following convocation. You'll visit booths and meet other campus leaders to learn about most of the student organizations and volunteer agencies A slightly smaller version of the Student Involvement Fair is held each spring semester on the first Wednesday of classes.
In addition to the involvement fairs, our office can get you started, whether you are trying to get connected with an existing opportunity, or wanting to start your own organization. Stop by UC 211, give us a call at 901.678.8679, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.