If you want to learn more how about how to budget and be proactive with your finances, utilize these community and online resources to assist you gain financial literacy:
- Cash Course
- Cash Course is a free financial literacy tool for college students. The program explains ways to finance your education, create a budget, what banks and other funding sources offer, and information on contracts and loans that are involved in renting an apartment or buying a car.
- Everfi Database: Financial Litearcy
- Transit – Financial Wellness™ is designed to empower students with the skills to successfully manage their finances while in school and beyond, and minimize dropout and student loan defaults through education.
- VITA Free Tax Preparation
- The program utilizes the power of local volunteers to serve as Cash Coaches and in other key positions to help individuals and families receive a “tax time boost” to help build stronger financial lives. Visit the website for a tax prep location near you