Our office has assisted thousands of students to become K-12 school teachers in Western
Tennessee and the Mid-South. We help several hundred students get their initial teacher
license or additional endorsement license each year. Each semester we admit hundreds
of students into the Teacher Education Program, while advising roughly 1,500 to navigate
through their undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
Our Office of School Based Clinical Practice works with the surrounding school systems to place students in field experiences,
Ready2Teach candidates in year-long residencies and graduate candidates in their final
semester of student teaching. We do everything possible to prepare them to pass the
Tennessee requirements for teacher licensure and to be ready to teach in any kind of K-12 school setting.
How the Office of Teacher Education Helps You
The staff of the Office of Teacher Education and Student Support Services will shepherd
you through the following stages:
- Admission to the Teacher Education Program (TEP)
- Advising for Undergraduate and MAT Graduate Students
- The Office of School Based Clinical Practice will place you in surrounding schools
for field experiences, Ready2Teach year-long residencies and graduate candidates in
student teaching placements.
- Process all undergraduate students for graduation
- Advise on PRAXIS admission tests and tests for state licenses
- Applying for Teacher Licenses