Our office has assisted thousands of students to become PreK-12 school teachers in
Western Tennessee and the Mid-South. We help several hundred students get their initial
teacher license or additional endorsement license each year. Each semester we admit
hundreds of students into the Teacher Education Program, while advising roughly 1,500
to navigate through their undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
Our Office of School Based Clinical Practice works with the surrounding school systems to place students in field experiences,
Ready2Teach candidates in year-long residencies and graduate candidates in their final
Clinical Teaching Semester (CTS). We do everything possible to prepare them to pass
the Tennessee requirements for teacher licensure and to be ready to teach in any kind of PreK-12 school setting.
How the Office of Teacher Education Helps You
The staff of the Office of Teacher Education and Student Support Services will shepherd
you through the following stages:
- Admission to the Teacher Education Program (TEP)
- Advising for Undergraduate and MAT Graduate Students
- The Office of School Based Clinical Practice will place you in surrounding schools
for field experiences, Ready2Teach year-long residencies and graduate candidates in
their Clinical Teaching Semester.
- Process all undergraduate students for graduation
- Advise on PRAXIS admission tests and tests for state licenses
- Applying for Teacher Licenses