The MAT degree is a masters and teacher licensure program in one. An individual may
not seek teacher licensure at the University of Memphis unless they have a 2.75 GPA
from an accredited institution. You are cautioned not to enroll in graduate coursework
if you do not meet these standards because tuition cannot be refunded.
How to get started:
The concentrations for this degree are:
Application Deadlines for ICL programs are:
- February 1st for Summer
- April 1st for Summer and Fall
- October 1st for Spring
All Departmental and Graduate Requirements should be met at that time. If you have
missed the deadline but would still like to attend you can apply to Graduate School
as a non-degree seeking student. Please follow the Graduate Licensure Program Checklist.
MAT Information Sessions
We offer monthly information sessions on the first Thursday of every month at 5 pm.
This is the best way to get started, you will learn everything you need to know about
how to get licensed, what tests you need to take, required coursework, how to get
admitted to the University and more. Please call 678-2377 to add your name to the
list for a date below.
- March 7, 2013 5:00pm - 6:00pm Location: UC room 352
- April 4, 2013 5:00pm - 6:00pm Location: UC room 352
- May 2, 2013 5:00pm - 6:00pm Location: UC room 308
- June 6, 2013 5:00pm - 6:00pm Location: UC room 308
- July 11, 2013 5:00pm - 6:00pm Location: UC room 308
- August 8, 2013 5:00pm - 6:00pm Location: UC room 308
If you are not familiar with the campus please see the Campus Map to get to the meeting. You can also call Visitor's Information at 678-2040 for assistance.