The Healthcare Interpreter Training Program is available through the School of Public
Health on the University of Memphis campus. Testing is required before candidates
can qualify for the training program. Prospective candidates for this program can
take the required OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview) exam in the Testing Center.
- Testing is by appointment only. Request an appointment date and time for testing
by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 901-678-2428.
- Candidates must pay the testing fee ($90) before taking the test. The fee can be paid
by clicking on the link provided below. Print the receipt before closing out the registration
- Examinees must arrive on time for their testing appointment with the printed fee payment
receipt and a valid government issued photo ID with a picture and signature (driver’s
license, passport, state issued ID or a military ID).
- No personal items will be allowed in the testing room. Secure lockers are provided
for the examinee’s convenience.
- Examinees should locate vehicle parking information on http://bf.memphis.edu/parking/visitor.php, before arriving on campus, to make arrival to the Testing Center easier.
- Testing Center testing schedule: Mondays-Fridays 8am-4:00pm.
Click here to pay for the Oral Proficiency Interview exam
More information about the Healthcare Interpreter Training Program can be found at
Testing Center Main Office
112 Brister Hall
3669 Alumni Drive
Memphis, TN 38152-3440
Visitor Parking Information
Directions to Campus
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (901) 678-2428