DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Test)
The DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Test) is a computerized exam given Monday - Friday by Appointment only between the hours of 8:30 am – 1:30 pm. DSST exams are held in room 112 of the Brister Hall/ Wilder Tower complex; exams are two hours in length and $80 (credit/debit card only) per exam.
The University of Memphis serves as a national test center for all DSST exams; because policies regarding DSST credits differ at various institutions, candidates should verify with their respective school on which exams are accepted. All DSST exams offer immediate scoring with the exception of: Principles of Public Speaking.
DSST REGISTRATION PROCEDURES:
- Read the Test Taker Information Bulletin thoroughly (www.getcollegecredit.com).
- Please review all enclosed site information for additional exam details.
- Click the payment link below and pay the $34.50 registration fee through our convenient online payment system (NOTE: Registration fee must be paid through the online payment system).
- Contact the UofM Testing Center by calling 901.678.2428 to schedule an appointment time.
EXAM DAY PROCEDURES:
- On the day of test, please report to Brister Hall Room 112.
- Present your printed payment receipt for $34.50 (without a printed proof of payment, examinees may not sit for the exam and all applicable fees may be forfeited).
- Present one form of valid Government Issued photo identification.
- Please have the 4-digit score recipient code from your perspective institution (NOTE: School codes are on the DSST website, www.getcollegecredit.com).
The list below pertains only to those considering the UofM as the score recipient.
|DSST EXAMINATION||UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS EQUIVALENT|
|HISTORY OF THE VIETNAM WAR||UNASSIGNED CREDIT (UPPER DIVISION)|
|ART OF THE WESTERN WORLD||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|CRIMINAL JUSTICE||CJUS 1100|
|ETHICS IN AMERICA||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|FUNDAMENTALS OF COUNSELING||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|GENERAL ANTHROPOLOGY||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|HUMAN/CULTURAL GEOGRAPHY||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|INTRO. TO LAW ENFORCEMENT||UNASSIGNED CREDIT (UPPER DIVISION)|
|INTRO. TO WORLD RELIGIONS||RLGN 1100|
|LIFESPAN DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|PRINCIPLES OF PUBLIC SPEAKING||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|HISTORY OF THE SOVIET UNION
(FORMERLY RISE AND FALL OF SOVIET UNION)
|UNASSIGNED CREDIT (UPPER DIVISION)|
|SUBSTANCE ABUSE||UNASSIGNED CREDIT (UPPER DIVISION)|
|TECHNICAL WRITING||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|THE CIVIL WAR AND RECONSTRUCTION||HIST UD01 (UPPER DIVISION)|
|BUSINESS ETHICS AND SOCIETY||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|BUSINESS MATHEMATICS||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|INTRO. TO BUSINESS||MGMT 1010|
|COMPUTING and INFO TECHNOLOGY||TECH 101|
|FUNDAMENTALS OF CYBER SECURITY||UNASSIGNED CREDIT (UPPER DIVISION)|
|MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|MONEY AND BANKING||ECON 3610|
|ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR||MGMT 3110 (LOWER DIVISION)|
|PERSONAL FINANCE||FIR 2220|
|HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|PRINCIPLES OF FINANCE||FIR 3410 (LOWER DIVISION)|
|PRINCIPLES OF SUPERVISION||TECH 4381 (LOWER DIVISION)|
|FUNDAMENTALS OF COLLEGE ALGEBRA||MATH 1710|
|HEALTH AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
(FORMERLY HERE'S TO YOUR HEALTH)
|HMSE UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|MATH FOR LIBERAL ARTS||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICAL SCIENCE I||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|PRINCIPLES OF STATISTICS||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|
|PRINCIPLES OF ADVANCED ENGLISH COMP||UNASSIGNED CREDIT|