- To qualify for the Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree, the student
must complete a minimum of 120 semester hours with a minimum overall grade point average
of 2.00 and meet additional grade point average requirements described below.
- A minimum grade of “C” is necessary in these lower division courses: MATH 1421, 1830,
or 1910, SCMS 2710 or MATH 1530, ECON 2010, 2020, ACCT 2010, 2020, MIS 2749. A minimum
grade point average of a 2.25 (ACCT majors – 2.5) is necessary for these upper division
courses: ACCT 3130, FIR 3410, MGMT 3110, 3510, 4710, SCMS 3510, 3711, MIS 3210, MKTG
3010, and the International Business course.
- B.B.A. students may apply no more than two semester hours of physical activity courses
to the minimum degree requirements of 120 semester hours.
- B.B.A. students may apply no more than 6 hours of internship toward their major requirements
and no more than 6 hours of independent study toward their major requirements for
a maximum of 9 hours combined internship and independent study in the major. Internship
and independent study courses must be approved by the department chair.
- All courses used to satisfy specific degree requirements of this college must be taken
on a “letter grade” OR “credit by examination” basis. Hours earned on a “credit/no
credit” basis are accepted only in courses that are not required for the student's
degree. Courses taken on an “audit” basis cannot be used to satisfy college requirements.
- A surcharge of $35 per credit hour for 3000 and 4000 level courses and for 6000-9000
level courses has been approved by the Tennessee Board of Regents. The purpose of
the surcharge on these business courses is to guarantee the continuous improvement
of the college and compliance with the standards of the Association to Advance Collegiate
Schools of Business International (AACSB International).
NOTE: The Fogelman College of Business and Economics accepts a maximum of two semester
hours in physical activity courses toward the fulfillment of its degree requirements.