Honors students from across the University of Memphis campus have the opportunity
to nominate a professor for the Honors Program’s Excellence in Undergraduate Mentoring
Award. The award is intended to recognize demonstrated excellence in mentoring undergraduate
researchers, and to convey the Honors Program’s high regard for such contributions
made by our faculty.
Any faculty member who mentors honors students in research may be nominated. Nominations
will ONLY be accepted from current undergraduates. The winner will be recognized
at the Honors Program’s Awards Luncheon in April, 2014.
To nominate your faculty mentor for the award, please submit the following information
to the Director of the Honors Program at email@example.com by Tuesday, April 8, 2014:
1. A nomination letter (up to two pages), which includes:
- Name of nominee, as well as his or her current position and academic unit;
- A description of how the nominee supports and promotes undergraduate research and
creative and scholarly achievements at the University of Memphis;
- Name and signature of nominator.
2. Supporting letters from faculty members and current or former undergraduate mentees
are encouraged but not required.