Technology — it's a wonderful thing.
umTech is your starting point for Information Technology Services here at the UofM. We're here because technology is such a huge part of the college experience. No matter what your comfort level is with using advanced technologies, umTech will help you get up to speed so you can learn, teach, work, and stay connected through technology at the University of Memphis.
We answer your calls, visit staff and faculty offices, meet with you online or in our office to discuss technology, fix problems, and host training sessions that could improve your performance and productivity. We will help you wrap your brain around the most innovative campus tools, using technology to create, learn, explore, teach, and conduct business.
ITS Launching New Wireless Access Pilot
Information Technology Services (ITS) is launching a new wireless access network pilot with an additional layer of security. uofm-secure will provide wireless users enhanced security for passwords and protection of University data. ITS welcomes your participation and cooperation in helping to keep both you and the University more secure with improved encryption. Existing UofM and uofm-guest wireless networks remain in place while the new uofm-secure network is tested. The need for two older networks will be addressed. To learn more visit our uofm-secure wireless page.
This Week at umTech....
- How can I check my University or Memphis email (umMail) on my mobile device?
- umDrive: Where can I find more information (or help files) on using umDrive?
- How do I reset my Microsoft Services Password?
- What Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware is allowed by SafeConnect (NAC)?
- How can I access the wireless network with my game system (Xbox, PlayStation, etc)?