Technology — it's a wonderful thing.
umTech is your starting point for Information Technology Services here at the UofM. We're here because technology is such a huge part of the college experience. No matter what your comfort level is with using advanced technologies, umTech will help you get up to speed so you can learn, teach, work, and stay connected through technology at the University of Memphis.
We answer your calls, visit staff and faculty offices, meet with you online or in our office to discuss technology, fix problems, and host training sessions that could improve your performance and productivity. We will help you wrap your brain around the most innovative campus tools, using technology to create, learn, explore, teach, and conduct business.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is improving the quality of customer service with the development and implementation of our new Service Catalog. This catalog is designed to inform, educate, and enhance your experience about the different services we offer. On the Service Catalog website, you will find hundreds of applications and services organized into 13 categories:
• Computer, Peripherals, and Hardware
• General Questions
• Phones, Voicemail, and CATV
• Security and Safe Computing
• Software and Applications
• Website Access and Support
As you browse the catalog you will find information describing each service, who may request or is eligible for the service, how to request the service, and what information is needed to fulfill the request. We invite you to look at the catalog at: http://www.memphis.edu/umtech/service_catalog/index.php
This Week at umTech....
- How can I check my University or Memphis email (umMail) on my mobile device?
- umDrive: Where can I find more information (or help files) on using umDrive?
- How can I use iPrint?
- What Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware is allowed by SafeConnect (NAC)?
- How can I access the wireless network with my game system (Xbox, PlayStation, etc)?