Clickers at the UofM
Clickers are the common term for Student Response System (SRS), a technology used
to promote active learning in classrooms. TurningTechnologies, is the chosen university
wide clicker solution for the UofM.
In educational settings, clickers can be used to encourage student participation in
traditionally passive lecture style classrooms. It allows the group to vote on a topic,
take a survey or answer a question. The responses are tabulated and instructors can
view, save, and (if they wish) display anonymously for the entire class to see.
Where Do I Begin?
- Purchase a Clicker: Instructors will tell students the specific type of clicker to purchase for their
class. This information may be on the class syllabus as well.
- Clickers need to be purchased at the Official Campus Bookstore in the V. Lane Rawlins
Service Court, across from the University Center and next to the Rose Theatre.
- Each product will come with instructions. Consult these to learn how to change the
channel on your clicker and how to send a response in your class.
Learn more about clickers and how others use them by connecting to Turning Technologies
on social media...
- UofM commonly asked questions and answers can be found in AskTOM
- Turning Technologies - KnowledgeBase
- If you need further assistance, the umTech Helpdesk is available 24x7 at 901.678.8888.