Personal Website/Blog Development at the UofM
Blogs.memphis.edu is the University’s installation of WordPress, a blogging service
that allows Memphis faculty, staff, and students to develop a personal website/blog.
This service allows individuals to create a standalone blog or a more interactive
blog with collaboration around a common subject, such as an academic course, program,
department, or community service.
Collaborative blogs provide a place for users to share experiences, reflect on activities,
and publish creative works through written posts, pictures, videos, links, and comments.
As with other technology resources available at the University of Memphis, the blogs.memphis.edu
service is subject to the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources policy.
Where Do I Begin?
- Logging In:
- Go to blogs.memphis.edu and click Log In at the top left of the page.
- Use the top box, Log in to my blog, the blue button Use my UofM UUID > enter your UUID and password (same as on myMemphis) > Click Log In
- After logging in, you can begin to create or edit the blog. Just above the picture,
in the gray bar, click the Log In link; the Dashboard will open.
- If it's your first time editing and maintaining a WordPress blog, the Edublogs Getting Started guide is a great resource.
- UofM commonly asked questions and answers can be found in AskTOM.
- If you need further assistance, the umTech Helpdesk is available 24x7 at 901.678.8888.