Experiential Learning Credit (ELC Process)
1. Student views the Experiential Learning Credit (ELC) Orientation Powerpoint.* [ELC PowerPoint]
*If using Internet Explorer, please choose the "save" option and then open the Powerpoint
2. Student completes the Letter of Intent.
3. Student submits a non-refundable evaluation fee equal to one credit hour of experiential
learning credit ($75 per credit hour for undergraduate and $100 per credit hour for graduate). Should the portfolio be judged by the expert reviewer to be worthy of college credit,
the evaluation fee will be credited toward the student's remaining balance based on
the credit hours granted.
4. Student forwards ELC evaluation payment confirmation along with the completed Letter
of Intent to the University College at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ELC in the subject of the email. Upon receipt, student will be enrolled
into the Experiential Learning Credit modular course.
5. Completion of the Experiential Learning Credit course.
6. Credit is awarded based on the assessor's determination that the portfolio provides
sufficient evidence that the knowledge and skills a student has acquired outside the
classroom are equivalent to what one would acquire in respective coursework.
7. Student is notified of assessor's decision.