You are approaching graduation.
To view all requirements for graduation as set forth by the University College at
the University of Memphis, download General Requirements for Graduation.
For information on the Commencement Ceremonies, including location, time, date, parking, invitations, etc., please visit the Commencement
Office website: http://www.memphis.edu/commencement/
Deadlines to file for Graduation:
For a list of filing deadline dates for future semesters, please refer to the Registrar's
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE GRADUATION PROCESS
All University College students must follow this process even if you don't plan to
walk in the commencement ceremony.
For more in-depth information about the following steps, please view our Graduation Video.
Step 1: Create a Graduation Plan in UMdegree.
- This plan will help you outline the remaining courses that you have left to take.
However, do not confuse this plan with the one Financial Aid requires. Check with
the Financial Aid Office (if necessary) about their process.
Step 2: Complete the Graduation Notification Form.
- You will complete this ELECTRONIC form after you finish your graduation plan.
- It automatically notifies your advisor once you submit it.
- Link to the Graduation Notification Form can be found here.
- The form also serves as your permit request for your Senior Project UNIV-4995.
Step 3: Apply to Graduate with the Commencement Office
- Once your advisor reviews your graduation plan, you will receive instructions on when
you should complete your application with the Commencement Office.
- DISCLAIMER: since the deadline is fast approaching, once you complete steps 1 & 2
continue on to this step and apply to graduate in MyMemphis. LET THIS EMAIL SERVE AS THE EMAIL YOUR ADVISOR WOULD SEND WHEN IT IS TIME TO APPLY!
- If you have not yet completed your application for Spring 2014 Graduation please do so NOW in MyMemphis. The Deadline is Wednesday, November 13, 2013.
Step 4: Graduation Agreement Packet.
- This online packet will be sent you, via email, from our Graduation Analyst, Jackie
- Once you complete this packet she will receive the results automatically, and this
is the final step in the University College graduation process.
Other graduation information can be found at the Commencement Office website.
Important note for students designing a degree program:
- A completed baccalaureate contract must have the approval signature from the Assistant
Dean of the college to be eligible to start the graduation application process. The
approval process generally takes about eight (8) weeks to be completed.