You are approaching graduation.
To view all requirements for graduation as set forth by the University College at
the University of Memphis, download General Requirements for Graduation.
For information on the Summer 2013 Commencement Ceremony, including location, time, date, parking, invitations, etc., please visit the Commencement
Office website: http://www.memphis.edu/commencement/
Deadlines to file for Graduation:
For a list of filing deadline dates for future semesters, please refer to the Registrar's
GRADUATION APPLICATION PROCESS
All University College students must follow this process even if you don't plan to
walk in the commencement ceremony.
1. By mid-term of the semester before you plan to graduate, view the Pre-Graduation Tutorial.
2. Complete the 10-question quiz at the end of the tutorial. You must reach at least
90% correct on the quiz.
3. Once you have completed the quiz, your advisor will review your advising records
and degree requirements. A Preliminary Graduation Summary will be sent to your University of Memphis email account before registration opens.The
summary will detail all the information that you will need regarding graduation and all
the courses that you need to take during your last semester before graduation.
4. Once you review the Preliminary Graduation Summary return it to your advisor via University of Memphis email, hand delivery, or fax
5. Returning the signed summary will allow your advisor to clear the advising hold
so that you can register and allow a registration permit for the Senior Project (UNIV
4995) to be issued to you.
6. Electonically submit the Intent to Graduate Form online through the MyMemphis portal in the "My Degree" tab. You must submit your intent by the deadlines designated by the Registrar's and Commencement Office.
7. The Intent to Graduate Form is sent to the graduation analyst. Once she completes a final check of all your
degree requirements, she will approve the Intent to Graduate Form and a Graduation Agreement packet will be emailed to your University of Memphis account.
8. Print, review, sign where indicated and return the Graduation Agreement packet to:
218 Brister Hall, Memphis, TN 38152 (not by certified or registered mail)
Fax to 901.678.4913 (no cover is necessary)
9. The final step is to complete the required documents on the Commencement Office website. This step won't be completed until your final/graduating semester.
Important note for students designing a degree program:
- A completed baccalaureate contract must have the approval signature from the Assistant
Dean of the college to be eligible to start the graduation application process. The
approval process generally takes about eight (8) weeks to be completed.
- Baccalaureate contracts must be submitted to University College by;
- February 13, 2013 for Summer 2013 Graduation
- May 22, 2013 for Fall 2013 Graduation