IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT
YOUR BACCALAUREATE CONTRACT
- In order to design your own degree, you must first be admitted to the University of
Memphis. You can start an application by following the link to the right.
- Once you have received your acceptance letter from the University of Memphis, you
must declare a major in University College by submitting the University College Declaration
of Major form.
- You must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.500 or above to be eligible for
the Baccalaureate Contract Program.
- Your proposed degree will require the successful completion of 120 credit-hours which
are to be allocated as follows:
- General Education Courses (35-41 hrs)
- Upper-Division Coordinated Study (Major) Courses (33 hrs)
- Grade of C- or better is required
- Thematic Studies Courses (6 hrs)
- Senior Project (3 hrs)
- General Elective Courses (36-42 hrs)
- Your coordinated study (major) must be interdisciplinary, meaning it must be comprised
of upper-division courses from two or more separate and distinct disciplines/departments.
- No more than 21 hours of course work from any one academic area can be applied towards
the coordinated study.
- Students must earn at least 9 graded hours from the University of Memphis.
- A minimum 2.25 GPA is required within the coordinated study.
- Your baccalaureate contract must be fully typed. Please proofread thoroughly.
- You will not have an official degree plan until your contract has been approved. Without
an approved degree plan/contract, you WILL NOT:
- be advised,
- be cleared to register,
- be allowed to file an intent to graduate form or issued a permit for UNIV 4995 - Senior
- receive a degree plan for financial aid purposes,
- receive a graduation checkout, or
- be permitted to graduate.
- After your contract has been approved, a copy will be emailed to your memphis.edu
email account. The original contract will be placed in your University College student
- Final approval of your baccalaureate contract may take up to eight weeks from the
time it is received by University College.
- If you would like to change a course in your coordinated study once your contract
is approved, you may petition for a change by submitting a Course Substitution Request
form. You should discuss these requests with an advisor and submit the appropriate
- Have your faculty member sign the form and return it to University College.
By clicking the " I Understand " button, below, you are certifying that you have read,
understand, and will abide by all of the policies and guidelines set forth above in
the preparation of your baccalaureate contract.