Career Services delivers career and professional development to more than 22,000 students at the University of Memphis and connects students to employers for job and internship opportunities. Career Services seeks to complement the academic mission of the University by educating and empowering students to take ownership of their professional development as lifelong learners and to function successfully in a global society.
FOCUS 2 Online Career Guidance System
FOCUS 2 allows you to complete a Career Self-Assessment Module (Work Interests, Personality, Skills, Values, and Leisure Interest inventories) and utilize many other career planning tools. Create a free FOCUS 2 account to get started!
NOTE: To complete your registration, you will need an access code. The access code is the word tiger in all lowercase letters.
Career Preparation and Job/Internship Search
The TigerLink system provides you with access to many tools to enhance your career preparation. A few of these tools include:
- Resume and cover letter samples, a resume and cover letter builder, and the ability to request online resume and cover letter
- Online practice interviews
- Job and Internship Listings
- Career Fair Information
- Online appointment scheduling
- You may access TigerLink via the CURRENT STUDENT LOGIN web page by using your myMemphis username and password.
- As a UofM Graduate, please contact Career Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your alumni TigerLink account created.
- Once your alumni account has been created, you may access TigerLink via the ALUMNI LOGIN web page by using the username and password provided by Career Services.
Should you have questions about TigerLink, please contact Career Services at email@example.com.
Career advising for online students is available via telephone appointment. To schedule a telephone appointment, please call our main office at 901.678.2239. Be sure to tell the staff member who answers that you are an online student seeking telephone advising. You may also schedule an appointment via the "Request an Appointment" feature in TigerLink. Be sure to note that you are requesting a telephone appointment when sending the appointment request. Available appointment types include:
- Choosing/Using your Major
- Developing an Individual Career Plan
- Resume Assistance
- Interview Preparation
- Job Search Strategies
- Going to Graduate/Professional School
For More Information:
400 Wilder Tower
Phone: (901) 678-2239
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (Central)