Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
Founded in 1962, The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation is the nation's oldest and largest provider of need-based scholarships to military children. For 54 years, they've been providing access to affordable education for the children of Marine and Navy Corpsman attending post-high school, under-graduate and career technical education programs. In that time, they have provided more than 37,000 scholarships worth nearly $110 million.
Maximum amount: $10,000
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Marine
- Veteran U.S. Marine who has received an honorable discharge, or who was killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps
- Active duty or reserve U.S. Navy Corpsman who is serving, or has served, with a U.S. Marine unit
- Veteran U.S. Navy Corpsman who served with a U.S. Marine unit and has received an honorable discharge, or was killed while serving in the U.S. Navy as a Corpsman attached to a Marine unit
Additionally, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- GPA of at least 2.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
- Family adjusted gross income for the 2016 tax year that does not exceed $96,000. Non-taxable allowances are not included in determining adjusted gross income
- Planning to attend an accredited college or career training school in the upcoming academic year. We verify accreditation through College Navigator*.
*Students attending schools not listed in College Navigator will not be eligible for
*Students attending schools not listed in College Navigator, or attending a Federal Service Academy, will not be eligible for an award.
*Applicants who have an undergraduate degree, are pursuing a second bachelor's degree, or are attending graduate school are NOT eligible.
*Applicants who have served, or are serving, in the U.S. military are required to provide a Statement of Service or DD214 showing honorable character of service.
For more information please visit http://www.mcsf.org