The Web provides us with both audio and video capabilities, often called multimedia. The ability to incorporate these into web sites is essential in the development of multimedia. With more and more information being presented in electronic formats, multimedia is a viable option for both classroom and business presentations. The following links provide information and samples for beginners and more complex applications for those who have experience in developing multimedia.
- Podcast Central
- Podcasting at the U of M.
- QuickTime Information
- Samples and information on Apple's QuickTime multimedia player.
- Real Media Player
- One of the Web's hottest multimedia video / audio player - from RealNetworks, Inc.
- Windows Media Player
- Microsoft's audio / video answer to streaming multimedia.
- Windows Media Player's Guide
- Vast amounts of audio / video sources to choose.
- Web - Multimedia
- A complete tour through multimedia development including examples and downloadable software.