Web Developer Resources - Search Engine Resources
Search engines are software applications designed for the purpose to help users find information on the Internet on a given subject. Search engines, sometimes called spiders, crawlers, robots or just "bots" come in a vast array of usability and popularity. One of the best complete search engine resource sites around, SearchEngineWatch.com gives you information on anything and everything about search engines.
MOZ has an excellent Beginner's Guide to SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Search Engine Optimization 101 offers information that addresses one of the most important aspects of the Internet
- how to find information on specific topics. Knowing what search engine to use and
how to use it is a must.
webconfs.com - SEO tools & webmaster utilities has SEO tools, tutorials, forums, web tools and more to help with specifics with search engine optimization in mind.
Another helpful site, Submit Express encompasses numerous topics about search engines from a marketing perspective. Items of interest there include search engine placement, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM) and more.
A collective list of search engines:
Popular Internet search engines:
- bing - Microsoft's new search tool.
- info.com - "The best results from the world's leading search engines."
- Yahoo!- popular search tool.
- ht://Dig - WWW Search Engine Software
- Thunderstone's Webinator
University of Memphis Search Engine
- Google Custom Search Engine. The university search engine serves the U of M and is available for use to any university Web site(s). If you'd like details about incorporating it for your Web pages, contact Web Services.
- Google Advanced Search
- List of helpful search queries