Academic Advising
Summer Study Forms

Making plans for Summer enrollment at another school?  Please read this!

The University of Memphis Office of Admissions would like to know where you plan to study this summer.  You should talk with your academic advisor about any courses you plan to take at another school.  Many courses taken at community colleges and other four year schools will transfer back to The University of Memphis to satisfy requirements.  But, before you take the course…

Fill out a Transfer Credit Request form (TCR).  This form does two things.  First, you let the Office of Admissions know that you are planning to study somewhere else. This will be important when your transcript arrives from that other school.  Second, this form can be used to get “in writing” the transfer equivalent for the course you plan to take.  After all, you don’t want to take a course and then find out later it won’t count!

To find out more about taking courses at another school, visit

Do you want to be CERTAIN that the courses you take will count for requirements? See your academic advisor and take your summer courses at UofM!

Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2015 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Academic Advising | 500 Wilder Tower | Memphis, TN 38152
Last Updated: 9/24/13