Young Alumni Updates
The e-newsletter will be distributed quarterly. To make sure you receive the email, update your contact information.
The University of Memphis Alumni Association is a non-profit organization existing
to build FRIENDS of the University and advance, connect and engage the U of M family.
Involvement in the Alumni Association is the perfect way to give back to the University.
The better the U of M and the Alumni Association are, the more YOUR degree is worth.
Through YOUNG ALUMNI you can:
- Meet and interact with your fellow Young Alumni at various events.
- Attend watch parties for select Tiger basketball and football games.
- Networking opportunities with recent graduates who are already established in their professional careers.
- Help fund the Young Alumni Legacy Scholarship.
- Stay connected with and give back to the University that did so much for you as well as the students who will follow in your footsteps.
This $500 scholarship is funded by Young Alumni to help deserving U of M graduates or professional-degree seeking students, who received an undergraduate degree at the U of M, in their studies.
It is the long-term goal of Young Alumni to see this scholarship endowed so that it can be permanently in place to help future graduate students of the U of M. We would like to encourage you to make a contribution, large or small, to the Young Alumni Legacy Scholarship so that we can reach our goal of endowment as soon as possible. To make a contribution online, please visit www.memphis.edu/development/give.php, click the "other" button and enter "Young Alumni Legacy Scholarship" when prompted.
Recent graduates within the last five years have the opportunity to join the Tiger Scholarship Fund for 50% of the minimum gift while receiving full benefits for that level. Young Alumni can join at 50% of any level up to Bengal Tiger ($1000).
As a Young Alumni donor, you enjoy the best of all Tiger Athletics – the best seats and the best parking. Members also have access to exclusive membership luncheons, game day events, and more! To join the Tiger Scholarship Fund today as a Young Alumni, call 901-678-2334. With your support, we’ll continue to say, “There’s never been a better time to be a Tiger!”
Young Alumni True Blue 5k 2014
The Young Alumni of the Alumni Association hosted the 8th Annual True Blue 5k with over 380 race participants!
Tailgate with Young Alumni
Young Alumni joined together in Tiger spirit at the True Blue Tailgate for the U of M vs. MTSU game on September 20. Members enjoyed BBQ and refreshments before the game.
Young Alumni Legacy Social
The Young Alumni joined together for an evening of networking with remarks by Ashley Durham (BA '12), former Miss Tennessee, USA on Thursday, April 10 at the President's Home. View photos from the evening.
Tiger Basketball Watch Party
Young Alumni cheer on our Tigers at Central BBQ Downtown in March.
Young Alumni Open Board Meeting
The Young Alumni held an open meeting open to everyone. They networked with fellow Young Alumni and discussed different ways for members to get involved on the board on Tuesday, January 7.
True Blue 5K
The University of Memphis Alumni Association Young Alumni Committee hosted the 7th Annual True Blue 5k on Friday, November 1 on the University's main campus. All proceeds from the race will support the work of the Young Alumni Committee and its commitment to building a stronger University and a stronger city of Memphis.
Watch this video by President Cal Overman (BPS '11), recorded at Vision Forum 2014, to learn more about the Young Alumni Committee and how you can get involved!
Want to join the Board? The application process for 2014-2015 has passed. Applications will be reviewed by current board members. Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. For more information on how you can get involved or upcoming events, contact Alumni Coordinator Marina Carrier at email@example.com or 901-678-2461.
- Chair: Cal Overman,(BPS '11) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair: Mary Clayton Wilson,(BS '08) email@example.com
- Race Chair: Jacob Norman (BBA '10), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events Co-Chair: Dane Williams (BA '09), email@example.com
- Special Events Co-Chair: Rob Lackey (BBA '10), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing Chair: Tyler Ricossa (BBA '11), email@example.com
- Membership Co-Chair: Addison Piggot (BA '14), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Co-Chair: Inglish Maffitt (BS '13), email@example.com
- Race Committee:
Ashley Holloway (BBA '09, MPS '13), firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Jacques (BBA '09, MBA '11), email@example.com
Georgette Kearney(BA '10, BSEd '10), firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel McKinley (BBA '09), email@example.com