Admissions to a University School is limited and based on a school’s enrollment capacity in each grade-level in a given school year. No student is guaranteed admission to a University School. Admission priority is granted to applicants who meet the following priority admissions criteria including:
- Priority Group 1: children of full-time University of Memphis faculty and staff members, siblings of currently enrolled Campus School students, students matriculating directly from the University of Memphis Early Learning & Research Center,
- Priority Group 2: applicants living within a 2.0 mile radius of the administration building, including full-time UofM students living in university provided Graduate and Family Housing.
Remaining space in each grade-level will be offered to general transfer students from within the Shelby County School system. In the event that there are more applicants than available seats in a grade-level, admissions decisions in each category (priority groups 1, 2, and general transfer) will be made by lottery.
University Schools Admissions and Enrollment team reviews all applications that indicate a student meets a priority admissions criterion, including the verification of employment at University of Memphis, student enrollment, and proof of residency, based on documentation provided by the applicant. If an applicant’s priority admission criteria is not current or valid, the parent or guardian will be notified and the applicant will be considered in the general transfer admissions category.
For all University Schools, applicants that fail to submit application materials by the advertised application deadline will not be considered for admission and will not be added to the waitlist after the admissions window has closed. An exception will be made for newly hired University of Memphis full-time faculty or staff members upon verification of full-time employment and hire date. These applicants will be accommodated if space becomes available in a grade-level or added to the waitlist in accordance with admissions priority.
Campus School Enrollment
Returning student registration and new student enrollment takes place in the spring before the upcoming school year.The following records are required for new students to enroll at a University School. If you do not currently have access to these documents, we recommend you obtain them.
- Copy of student’s most recent report card
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Copy of child’s Tennessee Child Health Record (immunization record) with physician’s signature or stamp
- Copy of child's social security card
Kindergarten applicants must turn 5 years old on or before August 15th of each school year, according to T.C.A. 49-6-201. Kindergarten is required for all incoming first graders. Proof of successful completion of the previous grade is required for all students. Once a child is enrolled at Campus School, they may remain enrolled even if there is a change to their priority admissions status, such as if their residence changes or if a parent’s employment status changes at the University.
For admissions and enrollment inquiries, please email email@example.com.
[Website Updated 2.2.2022]