Conducting Research within Campus School
Thank you for your interest in conducting research at University Schools. To schedule an observation or visit to a University School, a service learning partnership, a course-based partnership, or an internship/volunteer experience, please contact the school directly. For research purposes, please adhere to the following procedural guidelines:
Step 1: Register with the University Schools Research Consortium
Complete the form below before proceeding to next steps.
Step 2: Complete a Research Project Application and IRB Form
3. The University School Research Committee reviews the research application to determine whether or not the researcher(s) should be granted access to conduct their research, works with the researcher on revisions, if necessary, and makes recommendations for scheduling the research. Pending approval from the IRB, projects are approved on a one year basis.
4. Researcher then returns a completed IRB form to the IRB office.
5. The University IRB makes the final approval of human subject research.
6. The University IRB contacts the researcher and the appropriate school Director and University School Research Committee regarding its decision.
7. Research may begin after final notification by the school Director or designee if IRB approves.
8. Researcher must submit final report to the school Director and schedule a meeting to decide the best method for sharing the results of the research with University Schools faculty and parents.
9. Researcher shares results with the University Schools Research Consortium.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.