Students can be placed on Academic Warning ONLY ONCE during their enrollment at the University of Memphis. After completing seven (7) hours of coursework, students will be placed on Academic Warning when their overall combined GPA is below 2.00 OR the term GPA is below 1.00. Once students receive an Academic Warning status, they must remain in Academic Good Standing the subsequent term(s) or they will be placed on Academic Probation.
Freshmen and Sophomores (0-59 earned hours)
Students who have earned 0-59 semester hours and are placed on Academic Warning must:
1. Successfully complete an online workshop and pass the related quiz. The Academic Warning workshop is available at: https://umwa.memphis.edu/ew/
2. Meet with an Academic Coach in the Academic Coaching for Excellence (ACE) program every other week in the following semester of enrollment. You will be contacted by an ACE staff member via email with a link to sign up for academic coaching prior to the start of the semester in which you are on Academic Warning.
Questions? Contact ACE at email@example.com
In Addition to Completing the Workshop, all Students on Academic Warning are encouraged to:
- Meet with your academic advisor to plan your courses for the upcoming semester.
- Check the Accounts tab in myMemphis to review any financial aid requirements. If you need to contact Financial Aid, please use the Financial Aid Ticketing system for faster service. If you need to submit an appeal or documentation, please use the Financial Aid Ticketing system.901-678-4825. In case of emergency email financial aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for classes! The sooner you register, the better!