Applying to Hubei University

I. General Procedure

International students are required to submit the following supporting documents for application.

  1. Complete the "Hubei University International Student Application Form for Admission" (Digital version or paper-based version)
  2. Scanned copy of passport's first page
  3. 8 passport photos
  4. Registration fee: 400RMB (submitted upon application for admission)
  5. Academic qualifications and official transcripts (only for diploma applicants and scholarship applicants)

II. Details for enrollment

The Application date is at least two weeks before the new semester begins.


  • Nationality
    • Non-Chinese Passport Holders
    • Applicants for Bachelor's degree should hold the passport above 4 years and receive his/her latest 2 years of education outside China
  • Eligibility
    • Applicants for Bachelor's degree should be Senior high school graduates or above
    • Applicants for Master's degree must have obtained Bachelor's Degree;
    • Applicants for Doctoral degree must have obtained Master's Degree;
    • Applicants for general scholar program should have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate study or have equivalent level of education;
    • Applicants for senior scholar program should have obtained Master's Degree or above;
    • Applicants for Chinese language programs should be Senior high school graduates or above.
  • Language Proficiency for Chinese taught degree programs
    • HSK 4 or above for medical, engineering, science, economics, management, law, and educational programs
    • HSK 5 or above for Chinese literature, history, philosophy programs
  • Language Proficiency for English taught degree programs
    • Good command of English; TOEFL, GRE, IELTS or other official recognized test holders are preferred.


III. Application Procedures & Required Documents

  • Exchange and Transfer Programs
    • Hubei University Application Form;
    • Photocopy of passport;
    • Official Certificate of Enrollment from your university;
    • Official academic transcript;
    • Study Plan or Research Proposal.
  • For Summer Course Programs
    • Hubei University Application Form
    • Photocopy of Passport
    • Official certificate of highest education or Certificate of Enrollment from your university

Note: All certificates or diploma issued in a third language should be notarized in Chinese or English editions.