COE Academic Programs
Choosing to pursue a degree from the College of Education is about more than getting a teaching license. A degree from the College of Education prepares you to be an excellent educator, counselor, researcher, leader, or administrator. A degree from the College of Education at the UofM shows that you are equipped to lead, to solve real-world problems, and to work with students in the city of Memphis, throughout the Midsouth, and around the world. Explore the degrees the COE offers and find out how you can be Driven by Excellence.
Undergraduate students may choose to major in the following areas:
• Human Development and Learning, (B.S.Ed.)
• Integrative Studies, Secondary Math Concentration (B.S.Ed.)
• Integrative Studies, Youth Services Concentration (B.S.Ed.)
• Teaching All Learners (leading to Elementary K-6 and Special Education Modified K-12 licensure), (B.S.Ed.)
COE Undergraduates are advised by the Teacher Education Program. Explore TEP's website, visit them in Ball Hall 202, or call 901.678.2273 for more information.
Apply to the Teacher Education Program!
Want to teach in Memphis? Learn about the River City Partnership!
Visit the Office of Graduate Studies page to learn about graduation requirements, policies, and procedures.
New graduate students must apply to the Graduate School to be admitted to our graduate programs. Students not seeking a degree or graduate certificate, must apply to the Graduate School as graduate non-degree student before enrolling in our graduate courses.
Graduate students seeking advising should contact the department of their major, with the exception of MAT students. If you are an MAT student, please contact Ms. Laruth Lofties at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The COE offers the following graduate degrees:
Master of Science
Master of Arts in Teaching
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MS)
- Educational Psychology (MS)
- Educational Research (MS)
- Rehabilitation Counseling (MS)
- School Counseling (MS)
- Counseling (EdD)
- Counseling Psychology (PhD)
- Educational Psychology (PhD)
- Educational Research (PhD)
- Art Education (MAT, Licensure)
- Early Childhood Education (MAT, Licensure)
- Elementary Education (MAT, Licensure)
- Secondary Education (MAT, Licensure)
- Special Education (MAT, Licensure)
- Early Childhood Education (MS)
- Instruction & Curriculum (MS)
- Instructional Design & Technology (MS)
- Literacy (MS)
- Special Education (MS)
- Early Childhood Education(EdD)
- Instruction & Curriculum (EdD)
- Instructional Design & Technology (EdD)
- Reading (EdD)
- Special Education (EdD)
- Leadership (MS)
- Memphis Leadership Scholars (MS)
- Student Personnel (MS)
- Adult Education (EdD)
- Educational Leadership (EdD)
- Higher Education (EdD)
- Policy Studies (EdD)