Tiger Talent Updates
Read about what's happening in the Career Services office and how you can boost your career by visiting the Tiger Talent website.> Also, view the March Tiger Talent newsletter> for upcoming events, career tips, and information.
COE Alumnus Named Principal of Collierville High School!
Roger L. Jones, III, COE alumnus, has been named as the new Principal of Collierville High School. Mr. Jones will assume his new role in June 1st.
Jones, who is completing his fifth year as Principal at Collierville Middle, previously served as Vice - Principal at Arlington High School, as well Assistant Principal at both Arlington High and Collierville Middle. He began his career in public education in 2002 as a mathematics teacher at Schilling Farms Middle School in Collierville. He was selected by his peers as Collierville Schools "Principal of the Year" in 2018.
Jones holds both a Bachelor of Science in Education degree and a Master of Science degree in Leadership and Policy Studies from the University of Memphis. He is a graduate of the Leadership Scholars program at the University of Memphis.
Visit the Faculty and Staff Awards page for information about the 2019 COE Faculty/Staff Awards Ceremony.
2019 Faculty Research Grants
The College of Education has announced the recipients in its 2019 Faculty Research Grant program. The awardees are:
- Dr. Diana Delgado, ICL, Using Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy to Decrease Medical Procedure Phobia in Children with Developmental Disabilities
- Dr. Yeh Hsueh, CEPR, Chinese Rural Preschool in Transformation: Cultural Changes and Continuity
- Dr. Rachael Ross, ICL, Reading "Chutes and Ladders" using LLI as a Ladder Against the Summer "chute"
- Dr. Eraina Schauss, CEPR, Fostering Intrinsic Resilience: A Social, Environmental and Neuroscience Intervention for ACE Exposed Children
- Dr. Katie Wade-Jaimes, ICL, Understanding the Impact of STEM Schools in Urban Areas
US News and World Report
The US News and World Report has released its annual Best Graduate Schools ranking and the COE has received significant honors. The Rehabilitation Counseling program was ranked 21st! The Education program was ranked 153rd! The Education Graduate program was also ranked 150 in the ranking of Online programs. Our standings have risen from last year. Well done, COE!
Congratulations to the ICL Department on their ranking in 2019 Best Online Colleges!
Dr. Rosie Phillips Davis Speaks at TEDxMemphis
Dr. Rosie Phillips Davis, CEPR Faculty and APA President, discusses the generational effects of deep poverty and how to change how to think about poverty in her inspiring and thought-provoking talk "A Little More Hope, A Little Less Blame." Dr. Davis spoke at TEDxMemphis on February 2.