River City Partnership MAT

Campus School Teacher

The River City Partnership MAT are specialized tracks within the College of Education's Master of Arts in Teaching program. The RCP MAT offers teachers who have made a commitment to teach in Shelby County Schools or the Achievement School District the following:

  • Master of Arts in Teaching Degree and Licensure in a High-Needs Area (Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Secondary Math, Secondary Science, Secondary Social Studies, or Secondary English Language Arts)
  • Specific on-the-job mentoring and coaching
  • Specialized program that emphasizes culturally relevant pedagogy, equity, and social justice
  • River City Scholarship Opportunities
  • PRAXIS Preparation Seminar
  • Job Placement Assistance
  • Opportunity for eligible Teacher Scholars to participate in I AM A MAN. . . I Teach

Quick Links

Become a RCP Teacher Scholar: 
Graduate Teacher Class

Applicants for the RCP MAT-track must meet the following criteria:

  • Demonstrated Commitment to teach in Shelby County Schools or the Achievement School District
  • Completion of the Haberman Educational Foundation Star Teacher Interview Process
  • COE MAT Requirements*
    • 3.0 Cumulative Undergraduate GPA or passing score on CORE Academic Exams (Math, Reading, Writing)*
    • Passing scores on CORE Academic Skills Test for Educators (Writing) exam or GRE and the applicable Praxis II Content Knowledge Exam that is associated with the licensure area
    • TBI Background Check
      • *Specific information,including test scores and GPA-appeal process may be found on the Teacher Education Program website. Please consult an advisor if your GPA is below 3.0.

Ready to Apply?

Step 1: Apply to the University of Memphis Graduate School

Step 2: Apply to the River City Partnership MAT Program and Scholarship

Programs of Study

View the Master of Arts programs of study to see the required courses and course sequence for the Teacher Scholars program.

The MAT is available with licensure in the following areas:

Additional Questions . . . 

About the MAT program? Visit Instruction and Curriculum Leadership. 
About licensure? Visit the Teacher Education Program.
About being a graduate student in the COE? Visit the COE Graduate page.

Follow the RCP on Twitter

twitter logo