This page contains instructions you’ll need to ensure your Commencement ceremony is
- IMPORTANT: Bring your PRONOUNCER CARD, Cap, Gown, Tassel, Collar (female bachelor gowns only) and Hood (Doctoral, Law and Masters) to Commencement ONE hour BEFORE your ceremony begins.
- The caps, gowns, hoods are RENTALS ONLY. They should NOT be decorated or adorned. You must return them after use at Commencement.
- Undergraduate Honor Cords will be distributed on Commencement Day.
- The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours long. You must stay for the full duration.
- We stream all of our Commencements live. Check it out at www.memphis.edu/commencement/live.
- For more information, visit http://memphis.edu/commencement/gradday/index.php
- Arrive 1 hour prior to your ceremony and make your way down to the Event Level, where
you will line up with your respective College (please follow the signage). Your College
Faculty and Student Marshals will assist you with lining up within your degree program,
and you should have a number on your Pronouncer Card indicating your place in line.
Your Marshals will provide you with further instructions on the procession, as well
as provide earned Honor Cords (Undergraduates ONLY). Leave personal belongings with
family or friends. We cannot hold items and would not suggest you leave them unattended. You must bring cash
to pay for parking.
Be sure that you have completed the appropriate checklist below!
Next, visit Instructions for Students for more information.
Please visit Instructions for Guests for more information.