It just takes a few “CENTS” to benefit the “COMMON” good of all students at the University of Memphis.
Strengthen your University of Memphis.
Serve your University of Memphis.
Support your University of Memphis.
Student tuition and state funds are not what keep the University running each year.
We need private gifts from alumni, friends, corporations, parents and students, to ensure you, your peers, and those who come after you, get the best education
Common Cents, our student giving program at the University of Memphis, provides you
the opportunity to contribute to, and enhance, the University of Memphis. Set an
example for your fellow students by demonstrating your True Blue spirit and support
for the University.
Aside from the feeling you get from making a gift and the knowledge that you are enhancing
the university, students who give will become members of the Common Cents Student Giving Society and will be recognized in the Common Cents Honor Roll.
10. You got an A on your paper because of all the library’s resources
9.You want to help a fellow student who needs a scholarship to stay in school
8.You are glad you’re going to get a great job with your U of M degree
7.You love working out for free and want that to continue for future students
6.You want the university to grow, improve and achieve more
5.Your favorite professor really did make a difference in your life
4.You love cheering for University of Memphis basketball in the Fed Ex Forum
3.You met your boyfriend/girlfriend at University of Memphis
2.You met your best friend at University of Memphis
1.You love being a University of Memphis TIGER!
Tell me why you give, and I'll add it to the list. E-mail me your ideas.
- Enhance Your Degree: Private financial support is one of the factors U.S. News and World Report uses to rank colleges and universities.
- Impact Others: Do the math… If each student body gave just $10, that support alone would fund ANNUAL
tuition for 28 students.
- Make A Difference: Your participation is more important than the size of your gift. We need major gifts, but $5 and $10 gifts are just as important!
- Share Responsibility: As future alumni, it is in everyone’s best interest to support the university and
help it grow.
Alissa Campbell Shaw
Director, Annual Giving
200 Billy Mac Jones