Return to Campus Plan
Classes are currently primarily online with limited small classes and labs meeting in-person voluntarily and with approval. All face-to-face instruction will be conducted in small numbers and follow our carefully developed guidelines and protocols outlined in our guidelines below.
Both the State of Tennessee and the City of Memphis have moved forward with phased reopening plans. Each step we take will be consistent with the best health guidance available, along with state and local plans. All details of our re-opening plan will be placed on this page as they are available.
Review the Tennessee Department of Health COVID-19 FAQs for Schools and Universities
This guide provides answers to questions related to preventative measures, quarantine guidelines, tracking and other protocols as it relates to schools and universities.
Committee Reports & Guidelines
As you are aware, we have a steering committee and multiple groups actively working on plans for our return to campus in the fall. In addition, there has been considerable guidance offered at the state and federal levels. Download the following PDFs to review the comprehensive plans by each of our four committees. Reports will be added as they are finalized.
UofM Dining Guidelines
Learn more about dining options and meal plans at memphis.edu/dining.
Current Phase Guidelines Overview
- The majority of staff will continue to work remotely unless required to be on campus at the explicit request of their supervisor.
- Faculty will continue to work remotely for the foreseeable future unless authorized to be on campus by their dean and the Provost or if teaching an in-person class.
- A limited number of students are currently residing on campus.
- Buildings are open only to University of Memphis community members with appropriate access.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet between individuals remains in place in all campus spaces. This includes the interior of buildings and outside.
- Face masks are required in all indoor and outdoor public spaces.
- All those on campus must abide by University social distancing and mask protocols, including any contractors or visitors.
- No events or gatherings may be held on campus.
- The protocols in place across the various divisions include specific density limits in all workspaces and building areas, monitoring and reporting symptoms of illness and related safety precautions.