Graduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership
The Graduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership is a 12-hour program (four courses) designed to provide theoretical and practical knowledge to enhance leadership skills. The program is specifically designed for the working professional. The hours earned in the certificate program may be applied toward the Master’s degree in Professional Studies with a concentration in Strategic Leadership.
Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership requires twelve (12) credit hours:
- PRST 7100 Professional Environment: Issues and Ethics (3 hours)
- PRST 7200 Globalization and the Professions (3 hours)
- PRST 7500 Foundations of Leadership (3 hours)
- One elective from the following (3 hours):
PRST 7310 Leadership in Organizations
UNIV 7111 Data Based Decision Making
PRST 7700 Conflict Management and Negotiation
Applying for Admission to the Program
Applications for the Fall semester must be received by August 1; Spring semester by December 1; and Summer term by May 1.
All applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale from an accredited college or university. It should be noted that as applicants are selected on a competitive basis, admission is not granted to all applicants who meet only the minimum requirements.
To apply for this program, you will need to complete an application, which will require the following documents:
- Resumé: The applicant's resumé should include the applicant's employment history, academic history, current contact information, and any additional relevant information, such as professional skills, training, presentations, publications, etc.
- Recommendation Letter: Applicants must submit at least one official letter of professional reference, preferably from a colleague or superior who can attest to the applicant's capacity to succeed in the profession. All recommendation letters must meet College of Professional & Liberal Studies requirements or they will not be accepted.
- Personal Essay: Applicants must submit a brief, original essay (approximately 500-600 words) that addresses why they chose to apply to the Graduate Certificate program in Strategic Leadership and how the program will help them achieve specific professional goals.
For technical questions regarding the application, please contact UM Graduate School
For questions regarding admission requirements, please contact the College of Professional & Liberal Studies Graduate Programs: email@example.com
Only after your application is completed and all required documents are submitted will a final decision be made on the application. Please note that the Graduate School will notify applicants once a decision has been reached.