Grow Your Venture
So you've launched a company and are generating some revenue. Awesome, and congratulations! That is quite an achievement, especially for a student who has a lot of competing demands on her time. What's next?
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Am I relatively safe from a legal standpoint? (Hint: if you are not some form of corporation, whether LLC, S, or C, you probably aren't)
- Is this a lifestyle company (enough to make a living), or do you want to create a financial legacy for your family?
- How am I going to grow the company and increase its profits or impact?
- Do I want my company to be local, national, or global in scale?
- Most importantly: who can help me achieve my goals for this company?
The smartest entrepreneurs are not afraid to seek help. In fact, who they know and have access to is considered an asset and it is something they leverage as such. Everyone has different answers to the first few questions. Everyone at University at Memphis has the same answer for the last one: the Crews Center for Entrepreneurship can help you achieve your goals. Needs for growth are vary widely from business to business, so come talk to us and we'll leverage our experience and networks to see what we can do to help your business move forward.