Campus Recreation and Intramural Services
University of Memphis Photo
Hours Events Sports and Fitness Classes

Hours of Operation


Join Listserv

Frequently Asked Questions


If I am not a Faculty/ Staff or Student at the University of Memphis, may I have a membership at the SRFC facilities?

Yes, you may become an individual or household Degreed Alumni or Community Member of the facility for a fee: Includes full facility use and limited guest access.

I'm a UM Alumni. Can I use the Recreation Center? 

Yes,  you can pay a minimum donation ($35 per year) to the Alumni Association  by calling 678-ALUM, then pay $5 per visit, or you can buy a Degreed Alumni or Community membership.

How do I obtain a Membership Application to the Student Recreation and Fitness Center?
Come to the Recreation Center located at 620 Echles, Monday through Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm, and you can get basic information from supervisor on duty to start your membership paperwork at the entry counter. Membership appointments are available by calling 678-3459. Membership.php


Where can I park?
Monthly and daily parking passes can be purchased through the Parking Office. Free street parking is available on Echles Street and Spottswood Road (limited spaces). The Parking Office is located on Zach Curlin Street in the front of the parking garage. Bikes can be parked at the racks provided.  Call 678-2212 or visit

When dropping off or picking up users, please use the adjacent parking lot

Bikes cannot be placed in facilities or on stair hand rails. Use bike rack.


What programs come with membership? 

See Web site (Programs and Services) for what's offered and rates.


Why doesn't my ID work when scanned at the Recreation Center?
Reasons could include: Your ID is expired or you're not a member. Student fees need to be paid. You have a Household Membership but your child is now over 21 years old.  You are a faculty or staff member with no membership (faculty/staff can use the facility without membership by paying $5 per visit with valid ID;  identify your status at the entry). You're a part-time (less than 6 hrs) student (P/T students pay $3 per visit at the Recreation Center; identify yourself as part-time at the entry.  You have University Guest ID card.  You don't have recreation privileges. You are a current Southwest student or IEI student.  You need to pay Activity Fees at the Bursar's Office to access the Recreation Center. You're a UM faculty or staff and going to class as a UM student at the University.  You may have dual status.  Faculty/ staff status has priority over student status, causing the ID to not scan correctly.  Identify yourself as dual status at the entry and talk to supervisor to gain access.

How many guests can I bring? You can only bring one guest per valid UM ID.  You must sign for them at the front entry.  You are liable for their actions and must stay with them thoughout your visit.  You could lose recreation priviledge if this rule is violated.

Do I need my ID to go to class in the Recreation Center?
Yes, if you forget your ID, you must sign in and be escorted to your instructor.  The next time you forget your ID, it will cost you $5.

I lost my ID
Items found are kept for 24 hours, then logged in and sent to Bursar's Office or Student Conduct, depending on the situation. If your old ID was replaced, it will no longer work if a new one is made. 

We confiscate dublicate ID's and all non working IDs.


Text Only | Print | Got a Question? Ask TOM | Contact Us | Memphis, TN 38152 | 901/678-2000 | Copyright 2015 University of Memphis | Important Notice | Last Updated: 
Last Updated: 3/6/14