Nutrition is a vital component of wellness. To help you reach your wellness goals, we now have a Registered Dietitian on our full-time staff. Deidra Nelson is available for nutrition consultations at the Recreation Center.
The dietitian provides counseling on a wide range of nutrition concerns including:
- General nutrition
- Sports and performance nutrition
- Weight management
- Medical conditions (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, PCOS, IBS, etc.)
Learn how to make reasonable changes in eating habits and behaviors, set manageable goals for long-term results, and get evidence-based information applicable to your goals from our registered and licensed dietitian.
Call 901.678.2816 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We now have a smoothie bar, so patrons can enjoy a refreshing, nutritious beverage before or after their workouts! The Smoothie Bar is located in the alcove in our southern hallway.
Smoothies cost $4, payable at front desk.
Spring Hours for Smoothie Bar:
- Mondays and Wednesdays: 2-6 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Our registered dietitian, Deidra Nelson, is offering free monthly cooking demonstrations. All demonstrations include free samples and are scheduled as follows:
All to be held from 1 to 1:30 p.m.
- April 2: (National Soy Month), Peanut Noodle Tofu, UC Poplar Room
- Reserve your spot here>
All cooking demonstrations are free and open to the public. For more information, call 901.678.2816 or e-mail email@example.com.
Our registered dietitian, Deidra Nelson, is also offering free monthly nutrition workshops as follows:
All to be held from 1 to 2 p.m.
- March 19: Healthful Eating on a Budget UC Poplar Room
- April 16: Reviewing Fad Diets: Do Any of Them Actually Work?, UC Bluff Room