Further your career or enhance your academic journey with a graduate certificate from the COE. Each certificate can be completed in just a few semesters.
- The Autism Studies certificate in ICL is great for those working in healthcare, adult disability and/or educational settings. The certificate will help workers make decisions specific to the treatment and education of people with ASD. Learn more>
- The Clinical Mental Health Counseling Graduate Certificate in CEPR is for those currently pursuing a Masters degree in school counseling at UofM, or have a Masters degree in Counseling. The certificate will allow students to complete Tennessee's LPC requirements and the State's MHSP requirements. Learn more>
- The College and Career Counseling in CEPR is designed to address issues related to career/college counseling. It focuses on skills to prepare students to transition from high school to college or from high school to vocational programs. Learn more>.
- The Disabilities Studies Graduate Certificate in CEPR trains professionals to work with people who have disabilities. Students also receive a comprehensive background on the physical, social, vocational and legal issues that persons with disabilities face. Learn more>
- The Higher Education Instruction online certificate in LEAD provides classes on higher education instruction for those employed as instructors/faculty. It focuses on course instruction, design and management, online course delivery, learning theories, and opportunities for engagement. Learn more>.
- The online IDT Certificate in Design and Development in ICL prepares you to work as an instructional designer and corporate trainer in non-education contexts such as business, government, military, and health care. Learn more>.
- Technology is essential in all classrooms - virtual, hybrid or traditional. The IDT online K-12 Education certificate in ICL teaches you to use technology effectively in classrooms or serve as a consultant to faculty and school admin. Learn more>.
- The K-12 Educational Leadership online certificate in LEAD provides graduate classes to people who have a master’s degree but are interested in graduate-level courses and experiences to get assistant principal/school principal state licensure. Learn more>.
- The Literacy Leadership and Coaching certificate in ICL offers literacy teachers education to address the leadership needs. It provides a cohort-driven program of study and helps students qualify for jobs both within and outside the US. Learn more>
- The Mathematics Education Graduate Certificate in ICL will provide training for teaching lower level college math courses and help high school teachers meet the requirements for teaching dual enrollment courses and help satisfy the demand for math teachers in community colleges.
- The Multi-Tier Systems of Support Graduate Certificate in ICL trains K-12 teachers and others who work with students with learning and behavioral disorders to offer support for and increase the achievement of all K-12 students. Learn more>.
- The Qualitative Studies in Educational Research Graduate Certificate in CEPR trains doctoral students in qualitative research methodologies such as ethnography, case study, narrative inquiry, post-structural approaches and creative analytic practices. Learn more>
- The Quantitative Studies in Educational Research Graduate Certificate in CEPR assists students in their research with training in quantitative methods including research design, statistical analysis, and advanced training in statistical software and programming. Learn more>
- The School Counseling certificate in CEPR is intended for those individuals who are currently pursuing or have obtained a Graduate degree in clinical mental health counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical rehabilitation counseling, or college counseling to obtain Tennessee Licensure as a School. Learn more>.
- The School Library Information Specialist certificate in ICL provides preparation and practical training to current and future teachers passionate about Library Science. It leads to teacher licensure as a School Library Information Specialist. Learn more>.
- The STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Teacher Leadership Graduate Certificate in ICL promotes in-depth understanding of current STEM standards and instructional practices for current secondary STEM teachers. Learn more>.
The Graduate Certificate in Urban Education in ICL allows educators to expand their knowledge about urban communities and k-12 urban education, develop strategies for achieving educational equity and cultivate research methodologies focused on educational justice. Learn more>.