Faculty and Staff Development Office
The Office of Faculty and Staff Development is responsible for the general well-being and professional growth of the faculty and staff of the College of Education...
- Assist in nurturing faculty and staff in their pursuit of excellence.
- Advocate for faculty and staff interests.
- Assist in providing appropriate professional development experiences.
- Design an induction and mentoring program for new faculty, assist in mentoring faculty and staff, and provide training for mentors.
- Assist faculty and staff in developing / implementing professional development plans.
- Facilitate opportunities for faculty to improve teaching, participate in meaningful service, and conduct research.
- Provide technical assistance and support to faculty and staff in preparation for promotion and tenure and other awards as appropriate.
- Represent the College of Education within the Memphis community and at state, regional, and national initiatives that involve issues of faculty and staff development.
- Participate as a member of the Dean's staff in developing, implementing and assessing College initiatives.
- Maintain an appropriate data base to guide decision-making.
- Assist in designing and conducting professional development activities for K-12 schools.
The Faculty Development Advisory Committee provides advice and feedback for professional development activities conducted by the Office of Faculty and Staff Development. The committee consists of representation from each major unit within the College of Education.
For upcoming professional development opportunities or any questions please contact
The University of Memphis
College of Education
Office of Faculty and Staff Development
Ball Hall, Room 215