College of Education Research
Research Grant Award Recipients
2022 Faculty Research Grant Award Winners
- Dr. Ashley Batastini, CEPR, “Perceptions, Options, and Barriers in the Treatment of the Justice Involved”
- Dr. Genia Bettencourt, LEAD, “Examining the Experiences of Student Caregivers”
- Dr. Daniel Collier, LEAD, “Winning in West Tennessee”
- Dr. Anna Falkner, ICL, “Contexts for Learning About Race & Racism in the Early Grades”
- Dr. Denise Winsor, CEPR, “Middle School Students Stress and Coping During COVID-19: Exploring Teacher and Parent Perspectives on Student Growth Mindset”
2021 Faculty Research Grant Award Winners
- Dr. Michelle Brasfield, CEPR, "Providing Support to Educator's Affected by Trauma"
- Dr. Eli Jones, CEPR, "Sources of Research Self-Efficacy and FirstGeneration Undergraduate Students: Measurement Considerations"
- Dr. Andrew Tawfik, ICL, "Design and Development of Informal STEM Learning to Address Equity"
2020 Faculty Research Grant Award Winners
- Dr. Jeffrey Byford, ICL, "Growing Up in East Germany: The Making of Socialist Youth"
- Dr. Luann Ley Davis, ICL, "Mathematical Problem Solving for Learners with Developmental Disabilities and/or ASD"
- Dr. Chi Li, CEPR, "The Need for Clinical Training for Counselors Working in Integrated Behavioral Healthcare"
- Dr. Suzanne Lease, CEPR, "A Conservation of Resources Approach to HIV Related Stigma"
- Dr. Eric Platt, LEAD, "The Woodstock Letters: Communicating the History and Memory of Jesuit Education in The United States 1872-1969"
- Dr. Jade Xu, CEPR, "Near-Peer Mentoring for Academically At-Risk Students in STEM Majors: A Pilot Study"
2019 Faculty Research Grant Award Recipients
- Dr. Diana Delgado, ICL, "Using Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy to Decrease Medical Procedure Phobia in Children with Developmental Disabilities"
- Dr. Yeh Hsueh, CEPR, "Chinese Rural Preschool in Transformation: Cultural Changes and Continuity"
- Dr. Rachael Ross, ICL, "Reading 'Chutes and Ladders' using LLI as a Ladder Against the Summer 'chute'"
- Dr. Eraina Schauss, CEPR, "Fostering Intrinsic Resilience: A Social, Environmental and Neuroscience Intervention for ACE Exposed Children"
- Dr. Katie Wade-Jaimes, ICL, "Understanding the Impact of STEM Schools in Urban Areas"
Dean’s Summer Research Faculty Fellowships Recipients
- Dr. Patrick Murphy, CEPR
- Dr. Anna Falkner, ICL
- Dr. Edith Gnanadass, LEAD
The COE also partners with several research centers. Click the links below to learn about on-going research projects through the COE.