Participation of Minors on Campus (Field Trip or Event)
The University of Memphis welcomes students of all ages to explore and learn on our Campus. The UofM is striving to develop positive children’s programming by sharing best practices and centralized resources to ensure a positive experience for all.
As part of the University’s continuing commitment to ensuring the support and safety of children on our campus a new process has been implemented for the approval of University-sponsored youth programs. In order to operate a University-sponsored youth program, you must register and receive approval in advance.
Please refer to the Minors on Campus Guidelines to the left or visit the Office of Legal Counsel's page before completing the form.
Please complete the appropriate form below for your program in order for Educational Initiatives to be able to complete a risk analysis and, if approved, procure final approval from appropriate department heads.
Please complete the form below when hosting minors (anyone under the age of 18) on the University of Memphis campus for internships, externships, tutoring, or any other programming that is not considered to be a camp or field trip.
Please complete the form below when visiting minors (anyone under the age of 18) are going to be present on the University of Memphis campus for field trips or a scheduled visit.
Summer Camps at the University of Memphis will be required to fill out similar information. For more information, please visit the Summer Youth Program Registration page.
University Sponsored Events –No additional insurance coverage is required.
Third-Party Events - General liability insurance coverage is required:
- The University requires proof of comprehensive liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 combined single limit coverage per occurrence/($2,000,000 aggregate)
- For activities involving minors on campus (MOC), a sexual misconduct/molestation rider will also be required with limits not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) combined single limit for any one occurrence/two million dollars ($2,000,000) aggregate.
- The University of Memphis must be named as an additional insured.
Sports Medicine providers or other subcontractor additional coverage as determined by each individual third-party event director, coordinator, owner, etc. are recommended to also obtain coverage.
State of Tennessee also recommends a "Student Medical Expense Clause" to third-party providers to address incidental injuries for participants.
Questions about insurance can be directed to the University Controller, Procurement, or Risk Management
- Sample Registration Packet can be found here. Please feel free to use as a template when creating registration packets for your event
- Checklist for Program Coordinators can be found here. Please reference prior to submitting a registration form to review and ensure all aspects have been taken into consideration.
- Sample Self-Medication Form can be found here.
- Sample Transportation Authorization Form can be found here.
- Emergency Contacts and Procedures for Memphis and Jackson can be found here.